Saturday, June 20, 2009

Another Blog?




Another blog. Why? Maybe I just have too much time on my hands. Maybe I think I have something to say that hasn't been said yet. Maybe one or two people on Facebook have told me they were interested in at least some of the things I had to say and suggested I try this. For these and a few other reasons I'm giving it a shot.
About me: My name's Bill, William if you're my mother or my wife and you're mad. "Mountain Bill" to my many friends in the motorcycle enthusiast crowd here in SE Pennsylvania. I've owned at least one (and at one time four) Harley Davidson motorcycles every day of my life since I was 17 years old. I'll be 55 in October - do the math. Harleys, the motorcycle community and the whole mystique surrounding it will probably be the subject of at least a few rants...er...blogs.
I'm a fan of the political world, well maybe fan isn't correct. I'm not a democrat or a republican or a libertarian or a conservative or a liberal. I've got views and opinions on some issues that would put me out there either to the right of Rush Limbaugh or the left of Karl Marx.
I'm married, the father of a soldier serving in the combat zone of Afghanistan (there's enough fodder there for 50 blogs) the grandfather of 4 kids whose future I'm plumb scared about, a retired police officer (27 years of service including substantial time in the ghettos of a major east coast city) and a former over the road truck driver. Some people call me a wise sage. Some call me a raving ranting lunatic. My wife thinks I've lost it. When I figure out what "it" is, first I'll let Bill Clinton know and then I'll clue you in. I hope you read this, if you like it tell you're friends and if not tell me....and your friends. If I don't get some readers I'll just fold it up and go but with your help and input maybe I can find my voice and not get too lost in the blogosphere.
Thanks.
See you real soon.

1 comment:

  1. Yer off to a good start . Shoulda done it some time ago ! You keep writin' and I'll look foreward to reading . Maybe I'll learn something , if not, I'll at least be entertained . p.

    ReplyDelete